Okay, I know. Shocking title. You are probably thinking ” Pfft! What is she talking about? We love our clothes. We are not going to downsize!”. Let me say really quick, this is not that… More
Spring is coming. I repeat… Spring is coming!
The day you leave the house with sunglasses and no binies, gloves and scarves (unless it is a necessary accessory), you have a sudden realization. Everything you went through your winter daily routine; Chapped lips, dry skin, red cheeks and the horrible feeling of turning into an onion, just to go get groceries, is about to be over! Happy dance! Windows are open, heat is off and my favorite part of this season is about to begin. Flowers everywhere! Full bloom and greenery and as always it comes at a cost, for the least fortunate, like myself. Allergy season, darlings! Despite all, I want to motivate you, to go out there and get some pretty flowers for you, your significant other or your mom! See how I put a motivation Monday post, here? Babies, everything can change overnight and nothing is for granted. Positive thinking and a couple smiles never hurt anyone. Here is some inspiration to brighten your day, night and week!
All we can do in life, is to take a deep breath and keep going. Why not do it with some beautiful blossoms in our arms and sunshine in our minds? So, where is your flower, sweetie?
Favorite Scent Reviews.
I love perfumes. I adore everything that will awaken my senses and make me feel like I could conquer the world. I, strongly, believe you could make such a statement with your scent. You walk in a room and without talking, you have established where you stand and who you are. It’s inevitable that you can like more than one. I like diversity and of course, I am in the “more perfumes, the better” club! We meet every Sunday, behind Sephora, at 4 pm EST. These are some of my favorites for this time of the year. As you can see, they have been put in a lot of use and they are always with me, close to my heart and behind my ear. No, not all at once!
1. Marc Jacobs, Decadence:
My new obsession, plain and simple! Royal and glamorous, I feel so empowered while wearing this fragrance! Firstly, let’s talk about the appearance. The deep green glass bottle, that resembles gorgeous purses with the black tassel and the gold chain, is enough to hold an honorary place on my vanity! The smell is truly intriguing! Classy paired with jasmine, rose and papyrus woods is a statement for sure!
2. Estee Lauder, Sensuous
Feminine and sweet, Sensuous has a dear place in my heart! Sandalwood, pepper and amber are some of the aromas that have made this miracle! The strong and sweet smell of honey brings out all kinds of cuteness! Definitely date appropriate and seductive!
3. Christian Dior, J’adore.
I do not remember of a time that J’adore was not a part of me. I believe it is a fresh, clean smell and it brings out my happy side! Flowers are the basis for this and it stays on forever! Great for everyday wear! Perfect for a woman, who respects herself and loves to be in control!
4. Roberto Cavalli, Body Cream and Soap.
For the days I am looking for a more subtle smell, I use this amazing combination. It was a gift and I am in love with it. Pepper and smoky undertones are the secret ingredients to this successful duo!
5. Victoria’s Secret, Scandalous
Scandalous, for sure! Fascinating fragrance with fruity and floral undertones. A sexy perfume, that will make your nights interesting! It is perfect for winter and I love its depth. Praline, sweet raspberry and peony are the main ingredients to this wonderful scent! Carved glass, in purple and black, it is gorgeous to say the least! The satin bow and the atomizer bring out memories of a past time. I, personally, have the candle for it and it is placed on my desk!
What is your favorite perfume or scent? Do you have any of the above and if yes, how do you feel about it?
Yes, ladies and gentlemen I was nominated for two Liebster Awards and I am so excited. Liebster Awards are important for small blogs and focus on them. The amazing people who nominated me for this, were Celina Tolbert on Quirking it Out and Starr Elizabeth on starrelizabeth. Make sure you stop by their blogs! Both are fabulous and worth reading! Sending love and a Shoutout to both of you!! So, while I am doing my happy dance I will answer their questions and if I nominate you, you should to. It is an amazing opportunity and I feel very honored! Thank you ladies!
The rules are very simple:
- You have to nominate 11 new bloggers.
- You answer the 11 questions that have been asked from your nominator and then you ask your nominees 11 questions, of your choice!
- On your new post, make sure to give the credit to your nominator. This is how we all get connected!
- Have fun and enjoy! We are all new, after all!
Now, because I was nominated twice, I will nominate 22 bloggers, answer 22 questions, but ask you only 11 questions. I thought it might be a little less confusing that way. Here we go.
Questions by Quirking it Out:
- What inspires you?
My dogs, fashion and my goal to put sunshine in everyone’s life.
- If you could visit me in Paris, what is one thing we’d have to do?
Go for coffee and shop till we drop!!
- What is your biggest goal with your blog?
I would love to do it professionally! There so many possibilities out there!
- What is your biggest fear?
Snakes. Cliché, I know!
- Poor and travelling all the way. Because are you really wealthy, if your mind is not expanded and you are both mentally and physically stuck?!
- Donuts or coffee? Tough one! Do I really have to choose? Well, I guess coffee. It is a necessity to jump start my day.
- Most embarrassing moment? Too many. I would have to say the day I realized I was saying “thank you” the wrong way in italian. Funny thing is I have friends who live there! Yep.
- How do you start your day? Step 1. Actually wake up. Step 2. Do my 15 min working out routine. Step 3. Drink water and coffee. Step 4. Read and browse. Step 5. Get ready!
- What do you do when you don’t feel like writing? Making jewlery, playing with my dogs, drink coffee.
- What’s the absolute best thing to watch on Netflix?
Gossip Girl, Arrow and Flash!
- Which of your dreams/goals scares you?
It scared me to come for studies in the States and I did it. In a way, everything is welcomed and now I know no matter how much it scared me I can do this!!
Questions by starrelizabeth:
- Whats the one song that’s been stuck on repeat in your head lately?
Rude by MAGIC! An oldie, but still love it!
- Why did you start your blog?
I believed it was time to make a change.
- What’s the best TV show or movie you’ve seen recently?
Arrow and Gossip Girl. Netflix binge watched them, would be the perfect description!
- Who’s your biggest inspiration? My mom. I want to make her proud. She has done everything for me, she deserves it!
- Where’s one place you want to travel to before you die?
- What’s your dream job?
Behavioral Analyst and Lifestyle Blogger at one of the big magazines!
- If you could do anything for the next 24 hours, what would you do?
See my family, have a pedi and go to a romantic dinner with my husband.
- What’s the goal for your blog?
I want, whoever stops to by get a little more happy and wants to come back for more!
- If you were a cartoon character, what would be your signature outfit?
Leggings, heels and scarves, like every day a new one. That would be my thing! “Miss Supreme Scarf”!
- Do you have any pets? What are their names? When did you get them?
Yes, I do. Two lovely puppies, they go by the names of Sophie and Jasper. My husband had them, before I met him and now I am their dog mommy! Also, a cat that goes by the name “Princess”. Cause, she is one! She is a rescue, that was abused in the past and she is spoiled rotten now! As I always say, it’s not home, without cold,wet noses and hair left on your clothes!
- How has your week been?
Like every other day, life happens. Both ups and downs, but I will make sure nothing brings me down!!
My nominations (Remember, I have to nominate 22, you only have to nominate 11):
- Confident Beauty
- Mr. Suttons
- Lost In Fashion
- Christina Bihari
- Hippie Goth
- Travelling Fashionista
- Delia Stetco
- Born to Blend
- Bonus Soulfood
- Fancier World
- So Far, So Sabine
- Vlad Vaida
- Cappuccino Connected
- Gracie’s World
- Am I here or what?
- Kah Choon’s Blog
- Musings of an Insomniac
- Pack your Bags
- Miss Moore Style
- The Artful Attempt
- We are not exclusive
My questions for you:
- What is your fashion/ style icon?
- What is your biggest regret?
- If you could change one aspect of your life, what would it be?
- What is your thought process when you write a blog post?
- Where is your favorite destination?
- The three things, that are a necessity for your daily routines.
- What is your favorite movie?
- Chocolate cake or Fruit Pie/ Cake?
- What is your favorite perfume/ cologne?
- What would you say to your younger self, if you could?
- What is your favorite memory?
Hey darlings! It’s Valentine’s day today! I hope all of you have so much fun, no matter where you end up or with whom. Make sure to dress sharp and feel gorgeous! Even if you are planning to stay in with your dog! The educational moment for this day has a loving atmosphere, can help you up your dating game and no more awkward moments of silence! Learning new languages are always entertaining! Here is the phrase, that we all long to hear in 20 languages, because why not?!
- English: I love you
- Greek: “Σε αγαπώ”, phonetically ~~Se agapo~~
- German: Ich liebe dich
- Chinese: 我爱你
- Arabic: أحبك
- French: Je t’aime
- Danish: Jeg elsker dig
- Swedish: Jag älskar dig
- Italian: Ti amo
- Spanish: Te amo
- Ukrainian: я тебе люблю
- Urdu: میں تم سے محبت کرتا ہوں
- Filippino: Mahal kita
- Hebrew: אני אוהב אותך
- Russian: “я люблю тебя “, it sounds like~~ ya lyublyu tebya~~
- Japanese: ” わたしは、あなたを愛しています”, it sounds like~~Watashi wa, anata o aishiteimasu~~
- Irish: Is breá liom tú
- Estonian: Ma armastan sind
- Swahili: Nakupenda
- Doggy language: Woof woof and puppy eyes!
So get out there and say it in a different language. There is a chance he has no idea what you just said. Sip on that champagne and see what happens!
Excuses. Excuses. Excuses. All around us. We decide to use them constantly. For every little thing. We feed the need to validate the reasons on why we chose the “later” instead of the “now”. The lack of motivation is a very unpleasant place to be. I understand, there are days that there is a certain melancholy in the air and nothing seems entertaining. We all have them, just make sure you don’t stay in that stasis. The more you postpone whatever is important for you, the more you put off life. “Later” gradually becomes “never” and you are at a state of panic. Where has my life been? Where is it going? What do I have to show for? Well, it has gone somewhere between your behind-the-desk job and the boyfriend that is no good for you. It has left the building when you said “no” to your dreams and never took that trip to Australia, because it’s easier to stay immobile. It’s because you said “I will start dieting and gym on Monday”. It’s because you have the “later” mentality. STOP! Move forward and while always having your mind in the game, flourish. Make mistakes. Learn. Trip, but get back up. Life is now and it’s waiting for you. Love. Beyond and above. Put on the red, leather jacket you want (no matter how much it pains me to say so) and put a big smile on your face. Dance in the rain and kiss like there is no tomorrow. Take the job you always wanted. Paint and show your artistic side. Say what you believe. Don’t be afraid. Find your center and happy place. Follow your heart. Remember your soul should never grow old. Stay a child at a heart, but grow up as a personality. Evolve. Learn. No matter what, do it now. No more excuses, kiddo. The only loser is you, in the end. Inspire others with your attitude. Seize this gorgeous life and do it fast! It is waiting for you and it so fashionably fabulous!
Ladies, we all have questioned this, at least one. These babies are so comfortable and have a special place in our hearts. They can be worn for lounging around your place, while eating pizza, or even at your next meeting! But, if you don’t wear them in the proper way, they could result in tacky outfits. Trust me, you do not want that. They are not offensive and worn in the appropriate way, they appear to lengthen your legs and give you the sleek look! So, how do you help yourself on that matter? Sometimes, the celebs are showing you the way! There are some easy tips you could follow and darling, you will look as classy as easy is it to wear the skin tight pants!
Long, especially, are your best bet. Chunky ones are amazing for cold winter days!
Buttoned up shirt.
That is how you can get away with wearing it as your bussiness attire, but also, for getting that beer afterwards with your buddies! Three favorite options, for sure!
Cardigans and Blazers.
In my opinion, blazers and cardigans put together an outfit. It is that piece, that even if you pair it with a total neutral outfit, you will shine! In love with how a la mode this missoni cardigan is!
Source: Zimbio website
Get the most out of your pair of leggings and pair it with some of your favorite accessories! I adore all these options. In the summer, you might not want to wear your sleek leg prisons with a binie. Perhaps a hat for the hot sun would be great! Stylish and covering up a bad hair day! Win!!
You are commited on hitting that gym. Why not look fabulous, while running on that treadmill?!
Boots, flats or heels.
You need the necessary shoes for your favorite leggings! Here are some suggestions, that are super cute and stylish!
Featured picture by Express website.
Let me know what you guys thought and if you have a favorite!
Valentine’s Day. Some love it, some loathe its existence. No matter which side you are on, I think drinks play a big part of the day. Now, you might be drowning your sorrows while watching Notebook, crying and petting your cat, but why not do it in style? Yes, we all know that you are independent and don’t need anybody to tell you otherwise! Good for you! But, fancy drinks will brighten your day. In fact, you can always throw an “Awesome Drinks” themed party! Any reason to put together a gathering including alcohol and good company, is good enought for me! Here are some of my absolute favorite recipes! You can use one for everyone or if you like variety, mix it up!
1) Peach Pink Lemonade
I want it now! Pink and fabulous and the ingredients you will need are:
- 1 oz citrus vodka
- ½ oz peach schnapps
- Crystal Light Pink Lemonade
- Crushed Ice
- Rocks glass
2. Blue Hawaii Cocktail
Ok, almost anything blue has a great taste! Yummy! Imagine holding this at your party! Everybody is going to be impressed! I give it a 10/ 10, especially if you like:
- 1 oz rum
- 1 oz vodka
- 1 oz blue curacao
- 3 ozs pineapple juice
- ½ oz sweet and sour
- Fresh pineapple cubes and maraschino cherries for garnish
3. Strawberry & Mango Margarita
Strawberries and mango are combined for this gorgeous alcoholic beverage. You could make it if you have:
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mango chunks
- 1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1/3 cup sugar (more if needed)
- 1 1/4 cups tequila
- 1 cup triple sec
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups ice (more if needed)
4. Kahlua Mudslides
Ok, I know it has alcohol, but this cocktail reminds me of childhood’s milkshakes! The ingredients that you need:
- 1 part Kahlúa
- 1 part vodka
- ½ part Irish cream liqueur
- 1 part ice cream
- ice (crushed is best)
- chocolate syrup and whipped cream for serving (optional)
5. Fireball Cider Bomb Cocktail
You don’t need to cuddle to warm up on this Valentine’s day! All you need is this beautiful fireball cocktail, that will turn heads for sure! Needed for this one:
- Ice Cubes (approximately 4 or 5 ice cubes)
- 2 ounces Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey
- 3 ounces apple cider
- Apple slices
6. Sex on the Driveway
I mean, the name sells itself! Insert inappropriate joke here. Absolute favorite and it reminds me of beach, sand and sunshine!
If you have no plans with your other half, you can always have fun trying them out and get a nice date out of it. If nothing else works out, get some bubbly and call it a day, dear! Maybe call a friend, have a spa day at home and laugh out loud! Your dog is always a great choice for some awesome time! He will never let you down, or spill the beans on how much you’ve had!
Darling, run! Valentine’s Day is almost here. Obviously, you have got to show your social other you thought about them in advance and remembered to show your love in a unique way. It is your responsibility and you don’t want to show up with boxed chocolates or flowers, that you bought on your way to your date. It doesn’t matter if your boss has you working extra hours and you are exhausted. So, what do you do? You buy something that she would love, or make it, if you can pull it off (money is not always everything) and trust me you will be so kissed. Here are some suggestions that you can make or order online, and of course pay something extra for that fast delivery!
1) Bracelet from Etsy.
It is described as “Latitude Longitude Bracelet, Personalized Gift, Custom Coordinates Jewelry, Sterling Silver Bangle Bracelet”. How great would it be if your girlfriend, fiancee or wife received this gorg piece of jewlery and it was especially personalized for you two?! Ideas for latitude and longtitude: Place of your First date, First kiss or where you fell on that knee and asked for her beautiful hand in marriage! Bonus points are about to be cashed out, sir!
2) His and Hers Matching Set Couple Titanium “Only You Have My Key” Bangle Bracelet from Amazon.
Trust me she will love it and you can show of your romantic side! Win all the way! This following picture is showing details on the bracelet and the matching locket.
3) Necklace from Etsy. You forgot flowers? It’s okay. Save it by saying “I will love you until the one around your neck withers”. Fingers crossed she will fall for it!
4) Diamond Earrings by Kay.
Now, if you want to pay something extra, these babies will be a perfect gift for her. Diamonds are a girl’s best friends for a reason!
5) Rings. If you are planning on giving your other half a ring for Valentine’s Day, congratulations, but I suggest you find the ring that suits her character best. A great option is this heart ring in 10K rose gold by Zales.
It delivers by Valentine’s Day and it comes in all her favorite colors! Yes, you can breathe now! The Overstock website has some great options and at great prices. There are clothes that will be at your hands by the time Valentine’s Day comes around and you can pat yourself in the back for doing such a great job. Here are some examples with links on the pictures.
It is embellished, in many colors and fabulous piece of clothing. And it is on sale now, in Overstock!
A woman that knows fashion, without a doubt, will fall head over heels for a pair of classy Louboutins! Timeless and in red, the most amazing combination for the woman that stole your heart! This link will take you to one of the most amazing gifts! Sigh… A dream!
Make up & Perfumes:
Sephora is a safe haven. Anything from this store is acceptable and very welcomed. Good job, dear! She will love it! Some suggestions to help you pick are the following.
1) Kat Von D Set.
I adore it and she will too! Make sure to get it to match her complexion. Maybe, you want to casually ask her best friend about it! She will be glad to help!
2) Urban Naked Palette.
A must for all the girls out there! I know eyeshadows are not your specialty, but if you decide to get her this one, she will be so excited!
3)Bobbi Brown Art Stick Trio.
A set for her lips!
4) Perfumes. Now this will be tricky, if you are not there to smell them or if you don’t know what her favorite ones are. Don’t panic. I will give you some timeless suggestions, that will make a statement and she will wear it and feel amazing!
Links for the perfumes:
Versace, Bright Crystal.
Lancome, La Vie Est Belle.
Christian Dior, J’adore.
Dolce&Gabbana, The One.
It is a section by itself. From lingerie to perfumes, the variety is big and keeps your beloved’s heart warm and fuzzy. Anything from the heaven sent store is an awesome present. Besides, this is a gift for two. You know it and I know it! The link prior will take you to the main section of the online store. You can order it from anywhere! But, please hurry! It’s almost time!
Some lingerie choices:
Some of my personal favorite fragrances:
Trust me this will shed a tear on her pretty face and she will feel how much thought and effort you put into that. Click Here. The link will take you to her website. Lia Griffith has an amazing tutorial on her website. It will show you how you could make it. Pinterest has some great suggestions. Don’t be afraid to DIY. Even if you take a simple piece of paper, draw a heart and put the love you feel in some words, she will cherish it and you can see the happiness in her eyes. Maybe write an open letter fo her on your social media? I did something similar for my husband on ” An Open Letter to my Husband” for our anniversary and I have never seen the reaction he had! This is why you are doing all this. Because they are worth it and you know it!
As always, Saturdays are featuring “The Famous Quote of the Week”. Today is a day about love and I love this saying. There were controversial discussions on the originality of Oscar Wilde actually saying it and its authenticity. Either way, I believe that it is beautiful. It is gorgeous and real.
Love can be poetic. Love can suck you in. Love has power. But love is not always easy. Looks can be deceiving and to be quite frank, they are not everything. Money or style doesn’t ensure you will be loved, or that you will lead a happy life. When you fall in love, your true self will come out. Your uniqueness will draw them in. They will dance in your head and twirl your world. They will sing the song that only you can hear and they will hold your hand, in your darkest hours. They will bake cookies with you at 3 am and have long talks during the night, discussing dreams and fears. And they will make you better. They will make you want to be your better version of yourself. Be aware, though. Don’t forget that when you hold that person in your arms you have opened your heart and always remember that they have, also. Don’t hurt them. You don’t know how hard it was for them to give you their key. When you fall in love, it is not a game in order to see who wins and who loses. Dare to love. Love is trouble. It is messy. But love is everything and if you found your true love, your soulmate, don’t let it go. Fight for it. Try to make it greater. Every day is a constant trust fall. Sometimes you get hurt, other times you don’t. Simple as that.
But true love,darling, is worth all the heartache.
For Spencer, the one that stole my heart.
I used to be the girl that didn’t want to get married. I wanted to focus in my studies and career. I would be the crazy dog lady, that her caffeine was the necessity to get out of bed and would work and work and work. I had plans and a schedule. But when I met you, that all changed. You swept me of my feet. Thank God not literally, can you imagine how embarrasing that would be? You were different. You made me different. So thank you, my love.
- Thank you for our first kiss.
- Thank you for your laugh. I fall in love with it every day.
- Thank you for your eyes. I get lost in them and the way you look at me is my absolute favorite.
- Thank you for being my rock. You have been there all the way, through thick and thin and I wouldn’t want it any other way.
- Thank you for holding my heart. You had every chance of destroying it, but you didn’t. You cherished and protected it.
- Thank you for dancing with me anytime, anywhere and everywhere, music or not!
- Thank you for loving my family.
- Thank you for putting a smile on my face, every day.
- Thank you for making me my coffee and pancakes on lazy Saturday mornings.
- Thank you for making me your priority.
- Thank you for making a better person. You have a way to help me strive for more in life and I could not thank you enough for that!
- Thank you for sending me a good morning text, every day!
- Thank you for our long talks.
- Thank you for showing me with your actions that I can trust you.
- Thank you for being you.
- Thank you for going to Church with me.
- Thank you for showing me your world and making me a part of it.
- Thank you for sharing your dreams, but your troubles as well with me.
- Thank you for respecting me.
- Thank you for listening and giving me your honest opinion.
- Thank you for having two amazing puppies, that stole my heart!
- Thank you for loving my cooking!
- Thank you for never letting me go to bed angry.
- Thank you for looking right through me and knowing if something is wrong. The “I’m fine” phenomenon is just not working with you!
- But most of all, thank you for loving me the way you do.
- Today you and I have our one year marriage anniversary.
- Today marks a year we said “I do” to each other.
- Today we are in our house.
- Today we are one.
- Today I said “I love you” and you replied “I love you too, wife”.
- Today I am happy once again.
We have been together for so long and it is not enough. I want more. I want all of it and everyday. I love you so very much! I cannot wait to see what the future holds, but I know I will be so happy being next to you! Cheers to your fabulous self!