Photo source by Pixabay.
I had asked last week, on my published post Interviews, from the awesome blogging community (yes, I’m a little biased I know, but you cannot deny there are so many wonderful human beings out there with ever more gorgeous blogs!), that I would love to interview them about beauty and body image lifestyle and fashion. I received a great response and the psychology major in me, has asked every person the same questions and I loved the variety of replies.
Hailey Bieghler is my first of my series of interviews with her fabulous blog BEING CURVY . You guys, it’s a great read and it is well worth a follow!
1. How did you get into blogging?
I was actually on Pinterest and found a panel of curvy girl blogs, and I thought, “That could be fun.”
2. What are your blogging goals?
My goal is to connect with other bloggers. Even if it’s just one person. It’s nice to find someone who shares an interest or experience.
3. What do you feel is the best way to engage your readers?
Be real. Be you. Ask questions.
4. Do you have a specific niche and if yes, why did you choose it?
I’m trying to stick to the curvalicious community, but hey we all get side tracked.
1. Have you ever witnessed body shaming in any sort of way?
No but I actually had an experience with a woman I had never met. We were both browsing around this ah-dorable boutique when all of a sudden this woman comes up to us and says, “HI there! The plus sized section is right over there. Sorry ladies, I just don’t think your bodies will look good in these clothes.” We couldn’t believe she just said that.
2. Have you ever experienced body shaming first hand and why?
Yes and it’s not a fun experience. In middle school I was bigger than the other girls (my thighs and booty were especially big!) and I would always get made fun of because of it. These girls would tell me that I’m “not supposed to look like that.” Or “having a butt that big isn’t normal.” “No boy will ever like your body.” And so on and so forth.
3. Do you feel there is too much negativity around the perception of body image, nowadays?
I feel like there’s an effort to stop the negativity, but unfortunately society will always worship a certain body type. People look at “perfect” models and desperately want to be like them. No. Stop trying to be someone else and just be you. Be the beautiful human that you are.
4. Everyone has a positive or a negative outlook regarding their bodies. Have you ever struggled with any aspect of it? If yes, what helped you?
I had the hardest time learning to love myself; I never thought that my body would be good enough for anyone. I read articles and blogs about women who felt the exact same way, but they embraced who they were what they looked like and I’ve never been so inspired.
5. What is your best tip for everybody out there struggling to love themselves?
It’s going to take time to find yourself and learn to love who you are, but please know that you’re not alone. You have to stop caring about what other people think of you and start embracing who you are as a person.
6. Do you believe fashion has shaped our views on what is considered “perfect”?
a. If yes, if it was within your power, what would you change?
I would have a line for all sizes.
b. If no, what do you love about the fashion industry?
1. What are your favorite products for skincare and make up?
~My all time favorite moisturizer is the target brand! It has saved my dry skin! I also love Lush’s charcoal rub- goodbye acne!
~I use Maybelline’s nude palette with Master Precise Curvy liquid liner, Master Kajal cream liner, Rimmel London’s Super Curler Mascara (it actually works!), and Covergirl’s Lash Blast Fusion Mascara for a bold eye look.
~Maybelline’s Color Blur cream pencil lipstick is a godsend.
2. Do you have a night ritual?
My roommate and I have dinner, I do homework, pick out my outfit for tomorrow, and I go to bed. Wooo!
3. Any beauty tips for our readers and followers?
If you don’t want to wear makeup, then don’t- be a non-conformist!
– Last but not least, do you have a life motto? If yes, please explain why.
Live like you don’t have a care in the world- it’s more fun that way.
Hope you guys enjoyed it as much as I did! Leave your opinions in the comment section and as always…